Financial Aid is a key to opening the door to college for almost all of our students, yet it can be the most intimidating part of the applications process. We can explain the financial aid process and help you connect with the financial aid office. Email AdultLearning@TC3.edu or call one of our extension center locations today to get started.
Main campus in Dryden, 607.844.6586
TC3 Cortland Extension Center, 607.756.5275.
Nancy S. Lieberman Extension Center in Ithaca, 607.272.3025.
The TC3 Pathways scholarship is designed with the specific needs of adult student in mind. This scholarship can essentially fund your education at TC3, with a maximum award of $7,000 – and the scholarship is available to part-time students as well.
You are eligible for a Pathways Scholarship if:
- you reside in Cortland, Tompkins, or Tioga County
- you are 24 years of age or older when application is completed
- you have demonstrated financial need – as determined by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at FAFSA.ed.gov
- you enroll for at least six credits per semester
- you have never been a college student, or, you’ve been out of college at least five years, or, you have attempted or earned 15 or fewer college credits
- you have never earned a degree
Here’s how to apply for the Pathways Scholarship:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- If you need help completing the application make an appointment with the Pathways Coordinator located in the Counseling department (Room 216).
- Even if you are working, you may still qualify for financial aid.
- Apply for admission to TC3 at www.TC3.edu.
- Complete the Pathways application form.
How Much Is the Scholarship
The maximum award is $7,000. Full-time students will receive $1,750 for up to four semesters. Part-time students will receive $875 for up to eight semesters.
This is in addition to any financial aid for which you qualify.
When you receive this scholarship you also receive extra support. This includes:
- a program coordinator who offers individual advocacy and help to support
- a supportive and caring leaning environment throughout the College
- help in identifying and developing your strengths
Email Pathways@TC3.edu or call 607.844.8211, Ext. 4260 with any questions to get started on your application.