Concurrent enrollment instructors are required to participate in annual TC3 professional development workshops at least once each year.
CollegeNow Professional Development Workshops
November 9, 2015
Join Dr. Michele Whitecraft for the first of CollegeNow's guided visits to local industries STEM 'ED'VENTURES! See how what you're teaching applies to real world so you can share that insight with your students.
This is open to all STEM concurrent enrollment instructors. Michele will organize at least two more industry visits in the spring (tentatively: DuPont and Cameron Industries). This activity counts towards required profesional development for the CollegeNow program.
Because space is limited, please register by November 5th. Event directions will be emailed. There are two choices for how to register:
1) RSVP to Victoria Zeppelin at email@example.com
- OR -
2) Register within MyLearningPlan, a PD tracking system used in many districts; you do not need to be a part of TST BOCES or a district that uses MLP to register with it - anyone can create a login. After attendance is recorded, you may print a certificate of completion.
Media Constructions of Presidential Campaigns
November 3, 2015
Webinar: 7pm - 8pm
Please join Project Look Sharp for a free, interactive online webinar on teaching high school students about presidential campaigns through media literacy.
Sox Sperry, Project Look Sharp's primary curriculum writer, will lead participants on a participatory exploration of high school lessons covering media representations of U.S. presidential elections from 1800-2008. The media and lessons will be drawn from the popular Presidential Campaigns curriculum kit, which is available for free online at Project Look Sharp.
If you can't attend live, the webinar is archived and accessible on demand after the original live date. Be sure to register to receive viewing instructions.
Past CollegeNow Workshops
- Fall STEM Teacher Workshop - October 2015
- Common Core Effects on MATH132/135 - August 2015
- Teaching Business in the 21st Century - August 2015
- Environmental Studies Curriculum Meeting - June 2015
- Professional Development Conference - August 2014
- Professional Development Conference - August 2013
- Professional Development Conference - August 2012
- Professional Development Conference - August 2011
- Physics and Engineering Workshop - May 2011
- Professional Development Conference - August 2010