Concurrent Enrollment Student Benefits
Apply to Tompkins Cortland to Complete Your Associate's Degree
Visit the admissions section to begin the application process to complete your degree at Tompkins Cortland after graduating from high school.
Did you know that selective four-year colleges accept more Tompkins Cortland Community College transfer credits from students who have completed their associate’s degrees?
In addition to saving you thousands of tuition dollars, degree completion at Tompkins Cortland can shorten the overall time needed to complete your bachelor’s degree, accelerating the start of your career or graduate program.
While academic and financial advantages are important to you and your family, you understand that a full college experience means much more. Tompkins Cortland Community College offers it all, from modern apartment-style residence halls to study abroad programs to nationally recognized athletics. When you need help along the way, the College’s dedicated student services staff will support you with professional tutoring, career exploration, and transfer counseling.
Concurrent Enrollment students who complete their degrees at Tompkins Cortland:
- Enjoy priority residence hall placement in the College’s fully-outfitted suite-style apartments.
- Work with award-winning faculty in pursuit of 25 different transfer degrees, including Biotechnology, Communication and Media Arts, International Business, and Liberal Arts, to name a few.
- Are eligible for thousands of dollars in local scholarships through Tompkins Cortland's Foundation.
- May be considered for the international honor society Phi Theta Kappa in their very first semester. Over $87 million in scholarships is available to students through the honor society’s partnerships. Several four-year schools offer additional scholarships to high-achieving Phi Theta Kappa transfer students.
- Challenge themselves with Honors courses, where they strengthen their transcripts and learn in an academically rigorous environment alongside other high-performing students.
- Study abroad with Tompkins Cortland Global Connections and participate in international internships and service learning.
- Gain critical leadership skills through participation in campus clubs and the Student Government Association.
- Join the ranks of the TC Panthers’ high-achieving student-athletes.
- Are supported by transfer advisors who help them maximize the transferability of their degrees.
- Benefit from career counseling and newly-launched Career Coach as they explore in-demand employment opportunities and the degrees that lead to them.
Whether you plan to transfer for your bachelor’s degree or enter the workforce, completing your associate’s degree at Tompkins Cortland can catalyze your academic journey while helping you grow into a completive college applicant or job candidate.
Students interested in completing their associate's degree while in high school should speak with their guidance counselors about the Early Degree option.